(فى صلاة الكسوف) للشيخ ابن عثيمين

الفريق العلمي
1438/01/29 - 2016/10/30 04:09AM
(فى صلاة الكسوف) للشيخ ابن عثيمين
Summary
1) The command to fear Allaah and to be grateful that He subjugated His creatures to us, such as the sun and the moon.
2) The wisdom behind the eclipse, and the reason for the increase in its occurrence in our time.
3) The difference in reaction towards the eclipse between the people of today and our Salaf.
4) The description of the prayer and Khutbah at the time of eclipse.
5) Things to be done at the time of eclipse.

Praise be to Allaah, the King, the Irresistible, the Greatest. He created the sun and the moon, and made subject to man the night and the day. With His Might He moves clouds carrying rain. Glorified be He, the Lord, to Whom all mankind submitted, and by Whose power all difficulties are made easy. He threatened punishment for those who disobey Him. “If Allah were to punish men according to what they deserve, He would not leave on the back of the (earth) a single living creature: but He gives them respite for a stated Term: when their Term expires, verily Allah has in His sight all His servants." )Faatir: 45). I testify that there is no god but Allaah, with Whom there is no associate. I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger. May Allaah bless him, his family, his Companions and those who follow them in the proper way until the Resurrection Day.

O people! Fear Allaah and give Him thanks for all that He has made subject to you of His Creation. Allah which means: “It is Allah Who hath created the heavens and the earth and sendeth down rain from the skies, and with it bringeth out fruits wherewith to feed you: it is He Who hath made the ships subject to you, that they may sail through the sea by His Command; and the rivers (also) hath He made subject to you. And He hath made subject to you the sun and the moon, both diligently pursuing their courses: and the Night and the Day hath He (also) made subject to you. And He giveth you of all that ye ask for. But if ye count the favours of Allah, never will ye be able to number them. Verily, man is given up to injustice and ingratitude." (Ibraaheem: 32-34)
He has made subject to you the sun and the moon, in order that you, with the help of the observation of the mansions of the moon, know the number of years and the counting of time, and that the fruits may vary in accordance with the alteration of the stages of the sun and due to the alteration of seasons and times. Allaah has made these heavenly bodies subject to man, having a unique system and a rapid rotation. Allaah said, which means: “The sun and the moon follow courses (exactly) computed" (Ar-Rahmaan: 5). “… (such is) the creation of Allah, Who disposes of all things in perfect order: for He is well acquainted with all that ye do." (An-Naml: 88).

The sun and the moon are two signs of Allaah that indicate His Knowledge, Power, All-Inclusive Wisdom and comprehensive Mercy. Allaah has said, which means: “And the sun runs its course for a period determined for it; that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing. And the Moon, We have measured for it mansions (to traverse) till it returns like the old (and withered) lower part of a date-stalk. It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up the Moon, nor can the Night outstrip the Day: each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to law)." (Yaa Seen:38-39).

The materialists have made a huge propaganda for the publicity of the producers of satellites, despite their many failures and shortcomings, while not paying any attention to the Creator of the manufacturers of these satellites, Who has taught them how to make these satellites and provided them with the materials from which they were made. They do not even pay attention to the Creator of the sun and the moon, which continually move their due courses night and day.

The sun and the moon are two signs of Allaah, which either shine clearly or eclipse with His command. If Allaah wills to frighten His servants due to the many sins they commit, he may cause the eclipse of either the sun or the moon, partially or completely. This is a means of warning and cautioning so that they may repent and give up sins. At this time, hardly a year passes without the occurrence of an eclipse, solar, lunar or both. This is an indication of the continuous increase in sins and trials. Most of the people are up to their ears in the lusts of the worldly life and have forgotten about the horrors of the Day of Judgment. Allaah said, which means: “Woe, then, to the Unbelievers, on account of that Day of theirs which they have been promised!" (Ath-Tharyaat:60).

O people! Most of the people today attach little or no importance to the incidence of solar or lunar eclipses, which is a natural result of their weak faith and their ignorance of the reports from the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam concerning these incidences. In addition, such people analyze this phenomenon only on a physics-wise approach, totally neglecting or discrediting the religious and spiritual background.

Muslims, as well as non-Muslims acknowledge that there are natural reasons for the incidence of the solar and lunar eclipses. However, it is only Muslims who acknowledge the spiritual reasons of an eclipse, while the non-Muslims and those of weak faith deny any such links or hold them insignificant in their view. Consequently, they do not abide by the commandments of the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam at the time of eclipse, including rushing for prayer, remembrance of Allaah, supplication, asking forgiveness from Allaah, giving charity and manumission of slaves.

A solar eclipse occurred at the time of the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam.. He dragged his garment and headed for the mosque, filled with anxiety. The call to Prayer was made and people were gathered and lined up behind the Prophet, “He stood up to pray and prolonged his stand very much. He then bowed and prolonged very much his bowing. He then raised his head and prolonged his stand much, but it was less than the (duration) of the first stand. He then bowed and prolonged bowing much, but it was less than the duration of his first bowing. He then prostrated and then stood up and prolonged the stand, but it was less than the first stand. He then bowed and prolonged his bowing, but it was less than the first bowing. He then lifted his head and then stood up and prolonged his stand, but it was less than the first stand. He then bowed and prolonged bowing and it was less than the first bowing. He then prostrated himself; then he turned about, and the sun had become bright. In prostration he was heard supplicating Allaah: ‘O Lord! Have You not promised me not to send them a penalty while I am among them? Have You not promised me not to send them a penalty as long as they ask Your pardon?’ He then said: “The sun and the moon are two signs of Allaah; they are not eclipsed on account of anyone’s death or on account of anyone's birth. So when you see them, glorify and supplicate to Allaah, observe prayer, give alms. O Ummah of Muhammad, none is more indignant than Allaah, when His servant or maid commits fornication. O people of Muhammad, by Allaah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little. I saw in my place everything that you have been promised. I saw you under trial in the grave like the turmoil of Dajjal. I saw Hell and some of its parts crushing the others, when you saw me moving back; and I saw in it Ibn Luhayy, who was dragging his intestines in Hell. I saw in it a woman belonging to the tribe of Israel who was tormented for a cat whom she had tied, but did not give it food nor set it free to eat the creatures of the earth, until the cat died of starvation. Paradise was brought to me till (I was so close to it) that if I (had intended) to pluck a bunch (of grapes) out of it. I would have gotten it" or he (the Holy Prophet) said: “I intended to get a bunch (out of that) but my hand could not reach it".

O Muslims! The Prophet’s terror at the incidence of eclipse, in addition to other events stated in the above hadith and his commandment to his Ummah to rush to Prayer, remembrance of Allaah, supplication, asking Allaah’s forgiveness, takbir, charity, and manumission of slaves, all indicate the seriousness of the incidence of an eclipse, and that the Prayer of eclipse is very stressed. Some scholars even claim that it is obligatory, and that one who does not perform it will incur sin.

O Muslims, men and women! Follow the example of your Prophet by observing the eclipse prayer in two Rak’ah, as described before. If one misses the congregation, he may perform the prayer individually in the same manner. If one joins the congregation before the first bowing, it will absolve him. If he misses the first bowing, he should make up for one Rak’ah, since the second bowing does not absolve him.

May Allaah guide me and you to glorify Him, fear from Him and benefit with His signs, for He is the Bounteous and the Most Generous.
I say this and ask Allaah’s forgiveness for me and you.
المشاهدات 2735 | التعليقات 0